A Partner in the Community
Guyoil, fosters and maintains close relations with the communities and mindful of its role as a major state enterprise, extends its corporate philanthropy to the wider national community. Focus on youth development, particularly through education, training and sports.
Education and Training
We recognized that a highly skilled and motivated work force will improve our business efficiency, reputation and employees loyalty. With this in mind we offer the following to our employees.
- Annual bursary to employees children upon completion of Grade 6 (six) examinations
- On the job training for secondary school graduates and apprenticeship training
- Support for staff in completion of diploma,degree, ICM, CAT and ACCA programme
Guyoil has traditionally been recognized as an organisation that is dedicated to the development of Guyana commitment to sports programmes.
The Company is currently partnering with St. Stanislaus College sporting facilities that is primarily intended to promote the wellness of its employees and the community. These facilities will be utilized by individuals and organisations. Guyoil is readily identified with successful sporting programmes and successful teams.
Guyoil in collaboration with Castrol is engaged in the sponsorship of the following:
- Under 15 Inter County Cricket
- Pakaraima Mountain Safari
- Guyana Motor Racing and Sports Clubs Racing Events
- Grass Track Motor Cycle Racing Events
- Car & Bike Show
- Bartica Regatta Motor Boat Racing
- Mainstay Regatta Motor Boat Racing
- Splashmins Regatta
- Annual Memorial Cycle Race
- Boxing – Guyana Friday Night Fights
- Body Building